About Me

My photo
I am a 22 year old college graduate (hurray!!) who has two degrees (business and psychology). I am going to do the DCP in August because I dont want to grow up. I can't wait to be living in FL again in the happiest place on earth!! A cautionary whale: I talk about everyone and everything in this blog...my opinions are just that...opinions so take them at face value and if you don't like what I have to say...then don't read it, Einstein!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

First day of being a mousekeeper

So its a new year and I have renewed faith in myself to return to blogging once a week. I wont promise anything, but im working on it! Im also working on being more spiritual. I am a realist, I like plans and when things work out.



Today was my first day as a "mousekeeper" at Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL). The first room was marathon runners. It was so dirty! There were bottles of juice and grossness everywhere. The second room was a couple on their honeymoon. I was super excited about that cause I only had to make one bed since they were having sex on both beds!The bunk beds possed a bit of a challenge becuase im short but Ill work on it. So on average I have 8 hours to clean 16 rooms. That breaks down to 2 rooms every hour? Goodness, I have my work cut out for me! I learned how to make a towel elephant, a towel mouse, a mickey head and a towel heart. However I successfully cleaned 12 rooms today, which is certainly accomplishing something. I learned that most Brazilians turn their heat up to 1,000 because they like the heat. I also need to get to MK lost and found to try and find my water bottle. Hopefully someone just turned it in and its waiting for me (I can at least hope, right?).



So the latest in real estate drama- CT HOMES IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. We moved in what like 3 weeks ago and they failed to give us a mail key! Really? What real estate agency gives their tenants 1 apartment key, 1 swipy card for the club house and NO mail box key. This company seems like the biggest joke. Im really super nervous because our apartment is still listed as an apartment for rent on their web site. What is to say that they wont just evict us because someone who isnt so bothersome offers up rent. So about the mail key, I sent our real estate agent Wildia the following email:

Hi Wildia,
We are unable to pick up the mail key tomorrow. The reality office is extremly out of the way and would cost us about $20 in gas. Also, since you should have given us the key when we were originally at the office signing the lease, i feel that it is your responsibility to correct this mistake. Would you be able to fed ex it to us so that it comes to our door and not to the mail box, therefore we get our mail key without you being inconvienced. We need to resolve this asap as I have bills sitting in my mailbox for the past 2 weeks that we have been unable to pay. Please give me a call if you are unable to fed ex or ups ship the key to the apartment.

Thank you,
Jessica Adams



Hopefully it isnt to mean and gets something accomplished. I can only complain for so long and have nothing done about it. Anyways, thats about it for now.

No comments: